Optical commonly used thread size standard
This is the unique thread of Thorlabs in the United States, not the commonly used optical thread. SM is the code for the thread of the sewing machine in terms of thread expression, but this company in the United States uses it to connect the internal and external threads of the optical lens and the sleeve. The nature of the thread is UNS, and the United States has a special thread with a tolerance accuracy of 2A / 2B. The special place of this thread is 40 teeth per inch regardless of the diameter. The specific dimensions are as follows:
1,M2-W Series 30mm Cage Cube Features:
►Used for 30mm cage system;
►There are Ø44.5mm through holes on the upper and lower surfaces;
►There are SM1 threaded holes on the 4 ends of the side;
►The side has 4-40 screw holes or Ø6mm through holes for compatibility with cage rods;
2,LB30 series 30mm Cage Cube Platform Features:
►Compatible with 30mm cage cubes;
►Optical components can be installed at any angle in the M2-4W and M2-6W cubes;
►LB30-A rotary table is used for continuous or precise rotation adjustment;
►LB30-C tilt table is used for pitch, yaw adjustment and Z-direction translation;
►The LBR30-A rotation-tilt stage is used for continuous rotation, pitch, yaw adjustment and z-direction translation;
►Comes with 4 M3 cap head screws for fixing to the cube;
3,LFM1-A Rectangular Filter Holder Features:
►Optical element adjustment frame compatible with 30mm cage cube, can be used in cage cube with LB30-A or LB30-C platform;
►Clamping dichroic and other filters with a width of 28-40mm;
►Can install the filter with thickness ≤3mm;
►In the M2-4W cube, up to 30mm filters can be installed; in the M2-6W cube, up to 25mm filters can be installed;
►Two spring-loaded compression devices fix the position of the optical element;
►Attached with 2 M3 cap head screws; used to fix to the platform;
4,LFM1-B Round light element mount Features:
►Compatible with 30mm cage cube optical component mount, it can be used in cage cube with LB30-A or LB30-C platform;
►It can install Ø1 inch optics up to 6.2mm thick;
►SM1 thread, with 1 CSK3 snap ring;
►Attached with 1 M4 cap head screw; used to fix to the platform;
5,CSJ-T1 series 30mm Cube Cover Features:
►Used for M2-4W and M2-6W cage cube cover plate;
►Optional gasket cover plate or cover plate with SM1 thread;
►The CSJ-T1A cover can be used in the cage cube to form a shading environment.
►The CSJ-T1 cover plate can provide additional SM1 threaded ports on the top or bottom of the cage cube.
►Attached with 4 M3 cap head screws, used to connect with the cube;
(1) The center of the upper and lower surfaces of the M2-W series of cubes has a through hole of Ø44.5 mm, and there are 4 M3 screw holes around, which are used to install our cubic cover or cubic platform. The center holes on the sides of the 4 sides all have SM1. (1.035"-40) thread.
The four sides of the M2-4W cage cube are equipped with 4-40 screw holes, which are distributed around the SM1 (1.035"-40) threaded holes, and the cage rods can be installed directly. Because all sides of the cage cube are screw holes , So it cannot translate along the cage rods. For cage cube applications that need to slide along the cage rods, please consider using M2-6W cage cubes.
The side of the M2-6W cage cube has not only two opposite sides with 4-40 screw holes on both sides, but also two opposite sides with Ø6mm through holes, which can be directly installed with cage rods. The Ø6mm through hole of the cube can be moved by the cage rod. This feature allows the cube to be moved along the cage rod,
and then fixed at the desired position by the fixing screws on the side wall.
(Note: If you need to use the platform in the M2-6W, you must not be able to move the cube along the cage rod.)
(2) The LFM1-A rectangular filter holder is specially designed for rectangular filters, and can install filters with a thickness of less than 3mm and a width of 28-40mm. The LFM1-B is designed for mounting Ø1" optics up to 6.2mm thick.
It needs to be mounted on the LB30-A or LB30-C platform to be used in the cage cube. Use the attached screws to fix the mounting bracket to the cube platform.
(3) The LB30-A cube rotating platform and the LB30-C cube tilting platform can be installed on the top or bottom of a 30mm cage cube, and can be used to install various optical components into the cage cube. Before locking with the attached M3 cap screw, it can be rotated freely in the cage cube.
(4) The LB30-A cube rotating platform is a free-rotating platform that can rotate freely, and has a 360° laser scale and alignment lines to achieve accurate readings.
The LB30-C cube tilting platform has three adjusters, which can provide pitch, roll adjustment and Z-direction translation. It can achieve ±4° pitch/yaw adjustment and ±2mm Z-axis translation. There is an M4 screw hole at the bottom of the platform, which can be installed on the post.
The LBR30-A cube swivel-tilt platform is a free-rotating platform that can be adjusted for pitch, tilt and height. In
addition to 360° (2° indexing) rotation adjustment, the platform also has ±7° (vernier indexing 5°). minute of arc) micrometer-driven precision rotation. There are 3 adjustment screws at the bottom of the platform, which can adjust the pitch/tilt of soil 4° and the height of soil 2mm. There are also two hex screws on the side of the platform, the "LOCK" mark can lock the position of the platform, and the other one can enable the fine adjustment of the micrometer when the rotation is locked.
(5) CSJ-T series cube cover plate, used for M2-4W and M2-6W cage cube cover plates. The cover has 4 countersunk holes to align with the cage cube; 4 M3 cap screws are attached to connect with the cube. The top of the CSJ-T1A cover plate uses a rubber O-ring to form a shading environment inside the cube, while the CSJ-T1
threaded cover plate can provide additional SM1 threaded ports on the top or bottom of the cage cube.
Measurement error: Please allow a small measurement error.
- Additional Information